Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 17- Also, Day 1

Yeah, I know, I'm not doing so well on the whole "blog every day" thing. Buuuuuuuuuuuut who really cares? So save the guilt trip.

As it so happens, day 17 of the 500 days of Moira is also day 1 of Lent. And boy, oh boy, is this going to be a long Lent.

Don't worry, we celebrated Mardi Gras in grand style last night. By this, I mean to say that Squirt and I knocked back a few pints at Black Sheep where Shawn and Beth showed up before heading to Alfa. At Alfa we met these really great (I use the word "great" here somewhat loosely, but they actually were quite enjoyable) South Americans who told me that I looked pissed off.

They also threw out these gem as Squirt and I finished off our bottle of brut rose.

Venezuelan: "In my country, the person who finishes off the last of the bottle will never get married."
Ecuadorian: "Do not feel bad. In my country the person who finishes off the last of the bottle will marry somebody whose name begins with the same letter as the drink. So B... B.... Do you have a Bob? Or a Brian or a Benjamin?"

Squirt and I erupted into giggles. Because let's face it, we're immature as is. And we were tipsy. And it was kind of funny.

Anyhow, I think I shall give up the booze for Lent. Let's be honest, giving something up for Lent is supposed to kind of suck. I feel like I always half give things up. Like I plan what is going on in the next 40 days and if I think whatever I give up will be inconvenient, I don't give it up. But that's not faiiiir. And I'm pretty sure all the Mel Gibson Catholics in the world hate Moira Phillips Catholics because we all do that.

So I'm laying off the drink. (I have still not had a cigarette, by the by. Kudos to me.) I'll let you know how this goes. Maybe I'll just get really moody and want to be sad in my blog and this will turn into a "Where have all the addictions gone!" blog. Oh man, that sounds depressing.

Wish me luck!

No comments: