Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A question of logic

If P -> Q.

If you blog -> your blog is about who you are.

If you are what you eat -> your blog is about what you eat.

Does this make sense? I stopped going to my logic class about halfway through its run and that was many semesters ago. But I think it all follows correctly. That said, today's blog will be about food.

Krystina posted a blog not too long ago about Ratatouille, a movie I currently have resting on my bedside table from when I watched it a week or so ago. It was a hard jump for me to make, watching a movie about a rat in a kitchen and it's supposed to be good? But I made it and I enjoyed it. The reason Krystina wanted me to watch the movie so much was because I am a foodie (Or a fatty, really. Funny how those two rhyme...). I love food. I have a love affair with food.

This week in French class, we're talking about the French love affair with food. Today's lesson focused a lot on le déjuner. Part of the whole "French people don't get fat" logic is that they have their scandalous trysts with bread, cheese, and wine in the afternoon rather than late at night. Le diner is served late and served light. Le déjuner, on the other hand, is practically a party. But I am not here to school people on the aspects of French vie et culture that they already know from their textbook. I am here to share how the French gave me some inspiration for a delicious lunch of my own.

So, I walked to Caviar and Bananas and made some careful selections to bring home with me. The end result, un festin.

First, I gobbled up a healthy serving of brussel sprouts. I would like to thank my mom here for being one of those people who actually liked the things and, as a result foisting her like upon her little girl. After that I snacked on a little bit of bread with a little bit of cheese. I needed something to hit my sweet spot so I took a little more of that same bread and put just the tiniest bit of Nutella on it (I admit- I am an addict). To top it all off, a cappuccino.

I am so full. And so happy.

So, back to my logic.

If the Food makes the Moira -> what does this food make this Moira?








(I think the answer might be a budding Francophile. More to come on this development as it, well, develops.)

No comments: