Tuesday, January 20, 2009

And you?

Sometimes when I'm reading cjane, I wonder about all the things she does for nie. I mean, there's a pretty ridiculous amount of work that goes into caring for your sister's children and completely changing your lifestyle for her. Then I wonder about nie. Her life is so changed... she missed three whole months of it! Either way, these girls have lost a lot and gained a lot since August.

That got me to thinking about what my sisters and I would do for one another. Anna made the comment yesterday that "You and your sisters are ridiculous about giving each other things." I don't think this is quite true, though. In fact, I think we rarely give each other anything. But that doesn't bother me. I think we're pretty set in the whole "we love one another" thing.

Anyway. This is for Caroline- ma jumelle. If you want my Toms for Iraq, you may have them (and I will not take your flip flops!). If you want to get away, I will buy some plane tickets to Paris, shop for an apartment, and have a Nespresso cafe au lait ready for you before you can blink your eyes. If you find you can't have children, I will be your surrogate (as long as I can name one Emmeline). If you need me to throw granola at anybody that offends you, anywhere in the world, I will throw with gusto. With vim and vigor I will violently toss hearty chunks of granola at said foe.

And if you give me a gift I can't quite say thank you for, I will make you a playlist. :) My humble offering. Accept?

For My Sissy:
  1. Amy Winehouse- Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow
  2. The Beach Boys- God Only Knows
  3. Blind Melon- No Rain
  4. Black Eyed Peas- My Humps
  5. Belle & Sebastian- O, Get Me Away From Here I'm Dying
  6. The Beatles- While My Guitar Gently Weeps
  7. Dave Matthews Band- Dream Girl
  8. Death Cab for Cutie- Cath...
  9. The Doors- Riders on the Storm
  10. The Flaming Lips- Do You Realize??
  11. Foo Fighters- Times Like These (Acoustic)
  12. The Four Tops- I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch)
  13. Janis Joplin- Me and Bobby McGee
  14. Jimi Hendrix- Little Wing
  15. Joshua Radin- Star Mile
  16. Leo Sayer- You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
  17. The Mamas & The Papas- California Dreamin'
  18. Modest Mouse- Float On
  19. Nick Drake- Fly
  20. Nirvana- Come As You Are
  21. Oasis- Don't Look Back in Anger
  22. Pink Floyd- Wish You Were Here
  23. Rilo Kiley- With Arms Outstretched
  24. Roy Orbison- Pretty Woman
  25. Scott McKenzie- San Fransisco (Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Hair)
  26. Spencer Davis Group- Gimme Some Lovin'

1 comment:

KMK said...

i want a sister...