Thursday, December 4, 2008

You stood in my doorway with nothing to say...

I'm sitting on the couch listening to kind of sad chick music (Imogen Heap's "Hide and Seek" and the classic Jewel "Foolish Games") and thinking about the day and I have a few things to say.

First of all, I'll apologize for not saying much more about Thanksgiving after throwing my mini hissy fits. Thanksgiving was, actually, quite fantastic. I had a great time and it was extremely gratifying that every ate the food that I made (and possibly enjoyed it?).

On to something completely different, my new test of whether or not I like somebody is whether or not I am able to palate hearing a bad thing said about them. Sounds really random and dumb, but...

Here's the deal, I've been at odds with a particular person for just about our entire relationship. Despite getting along with her there was always a certain tension that I've never been able to shake, though I think the original reason for the tension has long left the both of us (I am not so self-deluded that I don't know exactly why she made me uneasy when I met her). Anyhow, this evening, I read something quite nasty about her on quite a nasty little website. And it really made me upset. It was weird because I never realized I felt any loyalty to this person, just a passing affection that presumably could be easily turned off. But, to be honest, I didn't like what I read and I couldn't imagine why anybody would want to say that about her if they actually knew her. So, to whomever wrote it, bugger off, won't you?

It is weird to realize that you like somebody when you've told yourself that you don't care. I think it's okay to care. (I think my counselor must be doing a really good job with this "making Moira be okay with caring" business.)

I have more to say, but I'd rather just listen to music. Check with me later.

No comments: