Monday, April 20, 2009

Ode to Socks

Dear Pile of Mens Socks,

From where have you come? Today as Laurie and I cleaned our house we noticed you've grown. Seriously, how? There are a lot of you now. You gross me out so much that I actually put you in with my laundry so that I wouldn't have to look at a pile of dirty mens socks all day. Now some of you rest in your happy little home on our coffee table.



And some of you sit in the dryer upstairs with more of my laundry. And yet more of you are in the laundry that has yet to make it to the machine because just when I thought I'd gotten rid of you all, more popped up.

Stop the insanity! It has been a while since we've even had any boys in this house. Where on earth do you keep coming from and how do you keep finding your way into our home? I am particularly disturbed by exhibit b. I think it is cool that a sock is actually as long as my arm, but I find this to be extremely superfluous. Who needs a sock that long. And what does one do with a sock that long?



And just so you know, mens socks, you better stay away from my socks. They are vibrantly colored because I got them from some silly race or they are super old because I never buy socks. Either way, they do not want any business with you. To be frank, they find you a bit offputting.

No comments: