Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Wry toast

I think it is exceedingly clear that the person who is now writing the weather updates on weather.com was an English major. They are probably also a blogger. I know I am not the only person who has noticed the "abundant sunshine" description, Kelly has noted it before in conversation.

But today I got a new one. "Considerably cloudy." Alliteration! Is that you? Oh my dear old friend, how good it feels to be reunited. It's as if a long-lost literary love has leaped back into my longing limbs (how you like them apples?).

Seriously, though. I salute you, new-ish writer for the Weather Channel. I apologize that it seems your degree has lead you to very sad and lonely path. Or at least a stormy one... ha! Get it? Even I know that was bad, don't worry. Look on the bright side (I will let you all know that I resisted the urge to write "sunny" side), at least you have a job. And I bet it pays decent wages.

So, at long last, I raise my proverbial glass in a toast to you, overexpressive weatherperson. You're an inspiration to us all.

No comments: